For anyone who isn't aware-I decided to go back to college this semester! It has been a whirlwind! I am still trying to find the balance between being a mom, wife, student, and employee. Hopefully soon I will find some organization in my life.
Ryan was one of the 1500 employees who were laid off last week and so he only has a few more months of work left before he is left with out a job. I am taking a full time job in the lab. It is 4 nights a week from 9pm-7am. By taking this job, it will make it easier for us to transition between all the layoffs going on right now in the mine. I am a little nervous to work full time. It will be my first "official" full time job.
All of these changes have made me feel really old lately! College students bug the heck out of me. Their immature conversations drive me absoulutely insane! I go to class, sit and listen, and leave as fast as possible without having to talk to anyone. Today in my lab for anatomy and physiology I had to sit at a table that I had never sat at before because that was the only chair available when I got there. Well, this fugly guy who looked a lot like a blonde haired Skreech from Saved By the Bell kept talking to me. I finally mentioned Ryan's name and he was surprised to find out how old I was, that I had 4 kids, and I definately wasn't interested in carrying on small talk with him. He finally said, "you should be sitting at the OLDER, unavailable table and not with us"! And then he turned around and never said another word to me. I was so glad that he wasn't talking to me anymore, but I had to think...man, I was just insulted by some punk college kid!
I guess from now on I will have to get there a little earlier so that I won't get stuck at some "young" table!
I'm glad that he agreed with the point I am trying to make.....I AM GETTING OLD!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIf you're old, I'm a fossil.
ReplyDelete